Randy Pimsler of Pimsler Hoss Architects participated in the installation of a new historical marker at the site where the first Antioch East Baptist Church stood between 1877 and 1916 this past weekend (Saturday Nov. 9, 2013). The marker is part of an effort to document early African American history in Atlanta’s Candler Park neighborhood, and features text and historical images. Planning for the marker began three years ago and is the fourth historical marker placed in the neighborhood, stemming from Candler Park’s BiRacial History Project.
Click here to learn more: http://blog.historian4hire.net/2013/11/10/new-historical-marker/
Photo above by Edith Kelman.